Are you literally waking up to questions about your vocation? Wondering if God is calling you to be a Franciscan Sister? Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity serving in Arizona recently collaborated to offer a discernment day for young women. The perfect location was a favorite pilgrimage destination site, San Xavier Mission Del Bac, Tucson.
Here’s what the discerners had to say about the day.
What touched your heart during this discernment day?
- The Sisters- always welcoming, kind and insightful
- Hearing the Sisters’ stories
- Seeing Sister Mary Teresa. I missed her a lot. The fact that you all fed us.
- The passion the Sisters have for their vocation
- Time spent with the Sisters…I really was meant to be here today.
- Getting to meet such a young Sister! Not very often-or ever-that I’ve seen someone my age in a veil.
- Reuniting with all the Sisters
What part of the day did you find the most helpful?
- When the Sisters talked about their vocation, it was helpful for me in trying to find mine.
- Reflection questions (workshops)
- the 10 minute prayer/meditation times
- Being able to sit down and talk to the Sisters
- Open discussion
- How much Sisters supported vocations, even for those who don’t finish the program
- I liked the balance between group time and reflection time in the morning. It’s so hard to find a space to be quiet.
- Parting into groups and going to different topics in the booklet
If you would be interested in a discernment day, call or text Sister Julie Ann at 920-323-9632 or contact us here.